(c) 2009 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
Borrowed this from both Syl at Watching Paint Dry and Kashka_Z at Aunt Templeton's Theme Song. Looks like I did it at the end of last year, too.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Belly danced IN PUBLIC twice a month during the summer and into the fall at the Wednesday Green Bay Farmer's Market.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Some of them, and yes. Whole separate post there.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My youngest brother & SIL had the cutest little boy last March - my first nephew & the first grandson for my parents .
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.
5. What countries/states did you visit? Just MN, and that only from WI.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Exercise equipment. Oh, and motivation and willpower
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Girls' Adventure Weekend was very memorable, especially for poor Syl.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting rid of (more than) 365 things, and getting on board the Flylady wagon.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing weight. In fact, gaining a few pounds.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Only minor colds, stubbed toes, etc.
11.What was the best thing you bought? Time will tell, but Mr. Kluges and I purchased a new TV & DVD player for ourselves/each other to be our birthday/xmas present, plus with gift money from relatives. Now we can move our only other tv, received nearly 10 years ago as a wedding present, down to basement where we should get our exercise room set up this next year.
12. Where did most of your money go? Um, have you met our house? Probably there.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having a bike so I could get places faster than walking (esp. with the girls) in nice weather without having to get out the car for short distances. Also, you know, Girls' Adventure Weekend - the first night(s) I was ever away from Penguin (2) and (other than when in hospital to have Penguin) Pumpkin (5).
14. What song will always remind you of 2009? This one.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) about the same, b) mumblemumble, c) I think a bit richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? In hindsight? Exercising/practicing belly dance.
17.What do you wish you’d done less of? Procrastinating. But I'm working on that. Really.
18. What was your favorite TV program? Castle
19. What was the best book you read this year? Gosh, the best nonfiction was definitely Stiff, but I can't name a particular one of the many (usually light & relaxing) fictions that stands out at the moment.
20. What was your greatest musical discovery? Guitar Hero I & II! Ok, not a great new discovery to you all, but thanks to Jaysan & TSB, I've now got it and can play whenever I want to! Thanks again, guys! (Or maybe Pomplamoose. See #14.)
21. What did you want and get? Tons of stuff from our generous families and friends.
22. What did you want and not get? Thinner. And I don't mean the book.
23. What was your favorite film this year? I think the question might more accurately be, did I actually see ANY movies in the theater this year?
24. What did you do on your birthday this year and how old were you? I turned 37, and Mr. Kluges built me a birthday igloo. :)
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A magic wand that would clean. Not declutter, 'cuz I need to make the choices on what to keep, donate, toss, etc., but one that would dust, vacuum, mop, etc.
26. What kept you sane? Reading your blogs, blogging (what I did of it anyway), and seeing progress on the tidiness of the house.
27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I just saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so Mr. Depp is on my mind at the moment.
28. What political issue stirred you the most? I try not to discuss politics here. Polite company and all. I did dream this week that Mr. Obama came to see the House of 42 Doors, but it was completely different, built as a stack of rooms on top of each other, on the waterfront, possibly in San Francisco, and the brick exterior was covered in rows of lace valances.
29. Who was the best new person you met? I really loved getting to meet M and R at Girls' Adventure Weekend. They're a couple of real peaches! And more recently, I think I'm going to make a mom friend. Her son and Pumpkin really get along well at school, are two of the 3 readers, she's also got a daughter (4) and another son (2), she's traveled overseas & has an Etsy shop.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Thanks to the Flylady, I learned the power of 15 minutes. Setting a timer, focusing on a single task/area, and getting started can make a much bigger impact than you'd suppose. Then start doing it a few times a week and you'll definitely see progress!
31. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Kids' song, but "Step by step at an easy pace. An easy pace like a turtle in a race." because it reminds me of the Flylady's baby steps.