Thursday, January 06, 2011

Happy New Year Brain Dump

(c) 2011 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


Happy New Year to you all! Yeah, I know it's already the 6th of January, but better late than never right? As I've got several dozen "Oh, I gotta remember to blog about that" items rolling around in my head, I'm just going to brain dump a few of them. Maybe I'll get around to my 2010 review/resolution update and be a little more thoughtful yet this month!

  • First of all, I'm only getting a chance to write this because Penguin fell asleep on the couch this morning. I don't remember the last time she took a morning nap, so I'm guessing she's not feeling 100%. Earlier, she used one of her two-per-day tv tickets & watched all curled up under two blankets on the couch. That's not unusual...but when she stayed all cozied up & just listened to music from her Pandora channel... and then covered up her head so it was dark... I decided I'd just leave her be. So we'll to to the library this afternoon instead of having quiet time; it's all good!
  • We had a lovely and overly-generous Christmas visit back to MN. Good to see so much family and even a few friends. All of my folks' kids & grandkids were together for Christmas Eve, and all of Mr. Kluges's side were able to be together for a few hours on the Sunday following. We even managed to squeak in a quick visit with 3 of Mr. Kluges's high school friends, their spouses, and all the kids. Those are rare, since we're spread out from Illinois to Wisconsin to Minnesota to Colorado!
  • For my park & rec grown-up tap class, we're wearing fitted, sequined, ORANGE dresses. Sure, they've got a built-in leotard, but they are SHORT. The asymetrical hemline reaches my knee on the LONG side...but the short side... well, I like to call it "cheeky." And I'm the youngest one in the class. We were going to wear black leggings under them, but it's just too Halloween-y with the pumpkin-orange dresses. So, brilliant me decides we should attach some 6" flapper-fringe to the hems for a bit more coverage. I'd mentioned the idea of fringe when we were trying to decide what to do earlier, but I could tell people weren't seeing what I was seeing in my mind's eye. So, yesterday I hit the fabric store for fringe... and dye since I couldn't get orange. Washed it, dyed it (not well, it turned out coral, but close enough to demo), attached it... and brought it to last night's class, where it was met with much enthusiasm. Yay! Now I've got 24 yards of orange 6" chainette fringe on order!
  • Ok, Penguin woke up, so I'm off. Happy 2011 to you all!

No comments: