(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
- that every second sentence out of Pumpkin's mouth is "Why?" Not that it's bad in general to ask questions or anything, but it absolutely drives me batty when...
- she asks "why?" when I tell or ask her to do something. ALL THE TIME. "[Pumpkin]., please clear your lunch stuff." "Why?" or "Come here please." "Why?" or "Please leave your sister alone." "Why?" And you know what? Sometimes the answer is, "Because I'm the mommy and I said so."
- that I don't seem to have much to say here lately. I usually enjoy sharing bits of my life with y'all, but I just haven't had much to say lately.
- how easily and quickly things get cluttery
- that I've been a bit lacking in oomph and get-up-and-go and ambition in regards to the clutter and remaining unpacking work
- Penguin's desire to eat anything and everything she finds on the floor or ground. Before I had kids, I never thought I'd utter, "[Penguin], the lawn is NOT a salad bar!"
- that there has been backsliding with getting Penguin to sleep on her own all the time all night, which is one of my 2008 resolutions. She's been sick again, which means she's been waking more and I've been more apt to jump up and get her. But last night we (ok, me, with reassurance from Mr. Kluges) managed to not go in even when she was crying for a while around 4 am.
- that the brownies haven't unpacked all my boxes. *grin*
- Well, really just that we're STILL working on that. And when Mr. Kluges tidies, he puts all of "my stuff" that's out in a box... on top of the "stuff" that's already there... and it's usually "stuff" I'm not sure what to do with, which is why it's not been put away yet. And then I end up with a big (was from our microwave, so large enough for that with styrofoam packing, i.e. LARGE) box that looks like this:
- the amount of wiggling Penguin does when I'm trying to change her diaper. Slow down for a diaper change?! NEVER!!!!! - or at least that seems to be her opinion. Especially makes me bonkers when it's a messy one that I'm trying to keep from getting all over her, me, and the floor/diaper changing pad.
- that the electric burying and especially the dang sewer guys totally ripped up our backyard, so now it's all mud, and the brick patio needs relaying, and the limestone path needs relaying, and there's a big clay mound that they left while not completely filling in the hole, but using up the topsoil to do it. (Don't get Mr. Kluges started on this one unless you want a real rant!)
Not that I'm all gloom and grump all the time around here. The girls make me laugh at least several times each day, there are some beautiful electric blue-purple flowers coming up all over the backyard (I'd include a picture, except when I went to take one yesterday, I needed to recharge the camera battery.), and we are making progress on house stuff (slow, but mostly steady). It's just nice to get the mutterings and grumblings out some days, you know?