Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And.....summer's here.

(c) 2010 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


As evidenced by the first bat on our house of 2010.

In the basement.

Flying at my head right as I opened the door to go down and throw in a load of laundry.

My response?

To shriek, duck, and close the door.

Then I wedged the back door open, opened all the doors on the way down to the basement, made sure the door to the rest of the house was closed, told Mr. Kluges, and went back down. No sign of him, but I sure hope he finds his way out before I'm ready to hit the hay 'cuz I'm not leaving that door open as an invitation to all his friends and relations tonight!


But I do have to say that it was a lot less stressful to have him fly at my face in the basement than to wake up to him fletting around my bedroom in the middle of the night.

No comments: