Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Successful Shopping Trip

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Ok, gang, I think I may have mentioned that I was going to go shopping on Tuesday night.

It was awesome.

Actually, it started out slow with me trying on a million shirts that all hit me wrong and/or made me look pregnant (which I'm NOT) and/or looked way cuter on the hanger than on me and/or just looked weird. And I couldn't seem to find the capris and shorts anywhere, except for a few scattered racks... and I REALLY was hoping they'd have the same or a similar style to the capris I bought last year and LOVED, but now are too big.

But even that wasn't so bad because I wasn't trying to hurry up while some small child/ren started to go nuts and/or whine 'cuz I was taking too long. Yay for shopping alone!

And then I went across an aisle (duh) and found all the capris and shorts and they had the ones I wanted & even the pants, too, which I'd also ... well, outgrown isn't quite right and neither is ingrown, so... shrunk out of? Either way, hooray!

And glancing at a major-clearance rack, I found a pair of nice looking corduroys in what I thought was my size. They fit so well and were so cheap, I bought one in each of the four colors there. (Simple neutral colors, too! Black, tan, tobacco-y brown, and a dark hint of green brown)

Plus they were having their end-of-the-season sale, so in general prices were good. And while they're usually open until 10, because of the sale, they were open until 11 that night.

I left at about 10:55. :)

Prices were so good, that even Ms. Thifty McCheaperson myself bought a few more items than I'd intended, but don't regret a one. In fact, here's my haul...




That'd be 4 pairs of corduroys, a pair of black dress pants, two pairs of dressy-ish capris, a pair of denim capris in a size I haven't bought in a long time, a pair of denim shorts, a long sleeved (clearance) shirt, a denim short sleeve button-up, two knit short sleeve shirts, and a very light weight button-up sleeveless shirt.

14 items of clothing, folks!

Do you want to guess how much I paid for these all? Go ahead and leave a comment, if you'd like. I'll post the answer in the comments Sunday night or Monday morning. 'Cuz I think I did pretty well!

Edited to add: This was at Kohl's, not Old Navy or Target or Dollar General or something. And most of these things were just on sale, only 5 were "clearance." Also, there are fourteen items of clothing here, folks! FOURTEEN!

13 comments:

Syl said...

68?

Nice job!!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Syl, I wish I shopped wherever you shop! That'd be less than $5 per item. I wish! That's practically garage sale pricing! Granted, it was all on sale, but 9 of them were "sale," not "clearance."

Ms. Huis Herself said...

But I will say the five clearance items were less than $5 apiece. (And the pants were originally $36 each!)

Happy Veggie said...

I was going to say around 100. Just cause, its the mental number that allows you to spend more... you know... if you're some people.

Nectarine said...

You must have had fun. I would guess $102.

Pusher said...

Holy crap, I'm so impressed! I think I've bought 14 articles of clothing in...maybe the last 5 years?

Also, apparently I need to get Syl and Veggie to do my shopping for me, because even on sale/clearance, I can't imagine getting this many clothes for $100, much less $68. Hell, I shop at *Sears* and still drop $50 on a couple pair of jeans.

(Also? I'm jealous of how teeny these clothes look. Go you!)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Pusher - they're just folded up nice and little so they'd all fit in the picture! *grin* When I see you next week (Yay!), you won't be thinking I've wasted away to nothing... In fact, I don't think it'd even be noticeable if I weren't blabbing about it all the time.

(But it WAS really exciting to realize I could consistently buy a smaller size than I used to - and especially the denim capris, which are the size smaller yet!!)

Mary Beth said...

I will guess $112.85. I hate clothes shopping so when I find something I like, I buy one in every color imaginable:)

Jaysan said...

I'm going with $168, cuz it's Kohl's

kittenpie said...

Wow! 14 items in one night! That is a good shopping trip.

I have seen about 4 really cute dresses this year that I would love to try on and see if they sit right, but of course there is no point... Which is extra sad, because I find the hunt for a nice dress tricky, and consider myself lucky if I find one or two a year, generally. Damn.

DiploWhat said...

I haven't owned a pair of corduroys since kindergarten or first grade. They are pretty, but I made mom stop buying them because I hated the "swoosh" sound they made when I walked. But, that may have had more to do with my thighs than the fabric....

ewe are here said...

I don't care how much they cost ... or didn't ... I'm just GREEN that you got to go clothes shopping alone, without wee ones ....

sigh

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ok, you guys are super bargain shoppers. Guesses ranged from $68, to "around 100" and $102, $112.85, and "$168, 'cuz it's Kohl's."

Yeah, Jaysan is closest. My total was $149.44 pre-tax, $156.91 post-tax. That means my average on the 14 items was a tad over $10 apiece.

Even though I didn't do as well as most of your guesses, I was still really, really pleased. The most I spent on any one item was $24.20, which is still a good price, I think, and nothing else was over $20. My clearance long sleeved shirt was $2 and my four pair of corduroys were only $3.60 apiece! Hooray! They'll be cozy in the fall and winter in our doesn't-really-have-insulation house.

And the best part is that I've worn some of my new clothes already, and I feel like I look good in them. Yay. :)