(c) 2010 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
Since we're now about 2 1/2 months into 2010, I thought I'd do a brief check-in as to how my 2010 resolutions are going. Gotta keep myself honest, you know!?
I have 6 goals - 3 health/weight and 3 organization/decluttering/tidying:
- Exercise most nights of the week: Doing pretty great with this one! It's becoming habit to exercise (most) evenings once the girls have been put to bed. It's the Shred or belly dance practice or now running! Not that I'm usually very gung-ho to get started, but once I do begin, I'm fine & finish it out & then am glad I did.
- Do the Couch-to-5K Program...and run in a 5K race: Last Saturday I went to our local Fleet Feet & got fitted with shoes (very impressed with them, the time they took, their expertise!). Also, bought a treadmill from one of the moms in Pumpkin's dance class, who'd mentioned in passing on the previous Thursday that she had one to sell and did anybody know anybody who was looking? Hauled it home last Sunday, managed between Mr. Kluges and I to wrestle it down to the basement & it's all set up! I've started the Couch-to-5K program & have done all three of the first week's workouts. So, it's begun!
- Reduce/avoid empty calories: Still a struggle. They're just so tasty! But I decided to give up alcohol for Lent, except for 6 days of my choosing (like St. Patrick's Day! Gotta have a Guinness then!). 'Cuz technically Lent is the 40 days before Easter but starts 46 days before because the 6 Sundays don't count because they're mini-Easters/celebrations of Christ's victory over death. So far, so good, but I think I'll run out of optional-drinking days before Easter comes. :)
- Keep following the Flylady: Oh, yes, I am! I find her routines and encouragement and 15-minutes very inspiring and motivating.
- Spend 30 minutes per weekend on the attic room: Doing well with this. Skipped 2 weeks so far, but those were because we had people over and/or I'd gotten 4 boxes of hand-me-downs from the neighbor, so I sorted those instead. Still need to do it this weekend, but I've gotten a lot of papers filed/sorted and every week a tiny little bit more gets done.
- Paint the small area behind the radiator in our room (in the summer): Still in the works! :)