Thursday, May 22, 2008

Top Household Phrases

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Let me give you a sampling of some of the top words and phrases heard about our household these days. Then you'll see just how glamorous and exotic being a stay-at-home parent can be.

  • Why? (Still #1 around here.)
  • [Penguin], don't eat that!
  • Be careful!
  • All duh! (*see below)
  • But I don't WANT to.
  • Be NICE to your sister.
  • [Penguin], hold STILL!
  • She has it now; you can have it when she's done.
  • I can't!
  • Mommy, can I watch a bideo?
  • Leave your sister alone.
  • Waaaaah!
  • But I'm not tired!

Oh, but I am some days, child. I am.



*


(Edited to add: But of course, y'all know I love 'em dearly, even when I am tearing out my hair some days.)

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Ah yes, the glamour- that's why I keep this job! ;)

kittenpie said...

Um, yeah. They ARE exhausting, and it goes without even qualifying, because any parent understands that you love them even through the brain-melting haze of exhaustion.

Unknown said...

Hear, hear! Although we don't get much in the way of money for this job, it's one of the most important jobs in the world! We'll reap our reward when our children are beautiful, well balanced adults (despite the fact that Mom was a bit off kilter).