(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
A while back, Mary P. posted this positive-outlook idea: seven things that brought you joy this week. I like joyful things, and it's always nice to reflect on the positive, so here we go:
- The grocery store had Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate bars on sale when I was in, so I got a few in several varieties because they're yummy and remind me of Ireland.
- I made the best gravy I've ever made in my life on Thursday with a turkey breast and recipe from Cooking Light. YUM!!!
- We had Pumpkin's first ever school conference on Tuesday and the teacher said she's doing well academically and socially. That made me very glad, especially since I'd agonized a bit over whether or not to send her this year with her late birthday.
- We were in for Penguin's 18 month check-up last Tuesday as well, and she's doing swell. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now, but she was like 50% on height, 26% on weight, and still a teeny-tiny head. But it's always nice to hear things are looking fine. (Also got them flu shots. Pumpkin chose a shot over the up-your-nose-mist and didn't make a PEEP when they gave it to her! Brave girl!)
- My two most relied on pairs of jeans both got holes in them recently (boo!), but this afternoon I ran out to Kohl's and managed to fairly easily find replacements (on sale even)!
- Did I mention the shopping was without kids? That rates its own line.
- It was a noon release day on Friday, so no K classes, so we went to the children's museum. It was fun to see the girls enjoy it so much.