Friday, December 07, 2007

Making memories

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

This is what we did yesterday...





Soup cans come in handy, especially if you don't follow directions and mix the icing too runny.








No, it's gingerbread, not cardboard. And that's (runny) icing, not glue.




By the time Mr. Kluges came home, it was dry and sturdy enough to decorate.


(Yeah, I know I'm so glamorous in my old college sweatshirt, but I ended up with all kinds of icing drizzles all over, so that's life. Don't call Trinny and Susannah on me!)

(Ok, do call 'em, 'cuz I'd love finding out what would suit me best and getting a new wardrobe!)



Mr. Kluges helped decorate, too. Finally by this point, Pumpkin had realized that hey, this is CANDY we're using to decorate the house... and it could be EATEN!! I was amazed it had taken that long.








And here it is, our finished product, with the box from the kit in the background. Beautiful, in a made-with-a-three-year-old kind of way, if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

The most beautiful ones are made with 3 yr olds!
I think your runny icing ads a very real effect- the drippy parts look more like real snow. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

(This is a rare case when I am reading from home and can actually leave a comment :-)
The gingerbread house is gorgeous! Can I order one of these from the States? I never saw these kits on sale in Ireland :-)
Your dedication with posting so regularly is admirable.

kittenpie said...

I love how the icing is running down and looks like icicles! You should ALWAYS do it that way.