Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A case of the "Februaries"

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Yeah, thanks to AllKnowingJen and Kashka_Z aka Aunt Templeton, I now know what my problem is. Seriously, what IS it with the winter blahs? Yuck.

One of the things I liked about teaching on an alternate calendar, was that we got a 3 week break in March. LOVED IT! I often taught an additional fun class or two, but the break in routine was priceless. Looking forward to it made even February much better.

I shouldn't actually be posting this now. You see, I need to finish getting myself and the two girls ready to go to Teacher & Me class, but I had to do a bit of venting. We've (I've) allowed Penguin to develop very poor sleep habits - i.e., she likes to fall asleep while nursing. Combine that with multiple, MULTIPLE night wakings due to a cough/cold she's developed... *rubbing my blurry eyes* ... I think after 1:00 am I never got more than 45 minutes of uninterrupted sleep at a time.

And then Pumpkin, who is usually a 7:15-7:45 waker? Decided 6:25 was when morning came. And that seriously messes up my schedule for getting all of us ready in the morning.

Which is why I should really, really go and get hopping so we can be out the door by 8. *sigh* At least I've now had my breakfast and coffee while venting to y'all.

(And yes, I know many/most of you have earlier mornings, and I don't envy you those AT ALL, but we're all out of whack here today.)

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

out the door by 8am? that's pretty good if you ask me! We usually don't have to be anywhere until 9 at the earliest- which means we leave at, um, 8:59... ;)