Monday, February 18, 2008

She just doesn't sound like a Midwesterner

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


Things I've heard from Pumpkin lately:
  • I'm not keen on a nap today.
  • I'm EVER SO incredible! (said while running 'round and 'round the downstairs.)
  • Look! [Penguin] is keen on those cheerios!
  • I'm abso-yute-yee going to be careful with my crazy straw.

Yeah, not sure how to divide up the credit between her two vocabulary-formative years in Ireland, the number of books we read, or excessive exposure to Kipper and Charlie and Lola (love 'em!) (official Charlie and Lola site) on DVD, but she just doesn't quite talk like the rest of the kids in her Teacher & Me class!

6 comments:

ewe are here said...

Oh gawd, the things that come out of my Ramekin's mouth sometime, they just kill me. Like:

Mommy, my juice was so tasty.

You have lovely hair, Mommy.

Not to mention the funny little accent...

Someday I'm going to have to explain that he's half american, too!

Allknowingjen said...

"I am extremely magical"- I love Charlie and Lola.

Pusher said...

"I'm EVER SO incredible!"

Awesome.

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Mamacita Tina said...

Love what little kids say! The more varied the better.

kittenpie said...

My favourite expressions lately have been

"I'm okay with that."
and
"I'm not into that" (or "I'm really into that.)

Kids are funny.