Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Shrink-Wrapped Kitchen

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


Dear Internet and all the people thereof,

Remember my kitchen ceiling? You know, the one that was looking like this? Because of the totally rusted through cast-iron waste pipe that was running through it? That started leaking as soon as we got home from our fun 4th of July weekend in MN?

Well, the plasterers came to fix it today.

The ceiling is looking good. They just have to come back tomorrow to do the second coat of plaster.

(See? No big gaping hole in the ceiling & part of the wall showing the replacement pipe!)


But the rest of my kitchen?


Is looking like this:


(Hmmm... don't think I'll be turning on those lights there... under the plastic...)


(The cereal is in those cupboards.
As are all the dishes and glasses.)



(I especially like this one.
They put the post-it with
our cell phone numbers
conveniently near the phone.
Oh, wait... the phone...)



Don't despair, O Internet.

They left me access to the frig. What else do I need?

Sincerely,
Ms. Huis Herself


P.S. to my husband: Want to go out for supper tonight?

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Hee! That is funny! Thank goodness they left you the beer though!

Happy Veggie said...

I think the phone one is my personal favorite. I wish the guys that did our floors would have done that!

Mugsy said...

Back when I was a homeowner, I actually enjoyed no-kitchen access. That way I didn't have to cook. Oh, wait...I don't do that anyway that's why I married "Chef Boyfriend!" (I actually forgot that my family used to call him that...)

Nectarine said...

That is the best wrap job I have seen. I hope it keeps the rest of the house clean!!!