Monday, December 08, 2008

Stuff Related to Snow

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Last night, Mr. Kluges cleaned out the garage enough that, for the first time ever, I got to park the Blazer in it! Hooray! It's what I'd requested as my birthday gift, and I was thrilled to receive it even a tad bit early. So, no more having to brush the snow off in the morning after it snows. Yay!

Speaking of snow and tomorrow, we're supposed to get some white stuff. Rather a lot, I hear. I think the technical term is "DUMPED ON" or maybe "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO CLIMB OUT YOUR SECOND STORY WINDOWS."

Ok, maybe that last one was a bit of an exaggeration, but the radio was just saying we could get 10-14 inches before the snowfall is done. That's up from the 6-10 they'd been saying this morning.

So, in expectation of school likely being closed tomorrow, or two hours late, which would be no half-day kindergarten, I swung by the store today & got milk and cookie baking supplies. We could probably make yummy sweet treats ALL DAY. Fun family snow-day activity, don't you think? Even Mr. Kluges will be home as he took the day off for my birthday/to use up vacay before the end of the year. The plan is for Christmas cut-out cookies (cheated & bought a tub o' store dough), Pretzels & Hugs, K&H with caramel kisses & pecans on top, and Oreo balls.

I think I gained 5 lbs. just typing all that. Good thing my plan is to divvy a lot of it up into gift tins/bags right away! (For teachers, the nice mail carrier, babysitter, etc.)

Ok, gotta run, trying to get a head start on supper since it's Pumpkin's dance class tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shouldn't have sent you that let it snow sign I guess

Allknowingjen said...

We're supposed to get some here tonight (and I've heard anything from 6-10") Have fun making cookies! I hope your helpers are co-operative. :) I have to give those pretzels and hugs away right away or I will eat them all.

DiploWhat said...

I'm soooo jealous you get snow! It's not too cold here, but very dry and the pollution has been bad the past few days (where you can look directly at the sun because it's about as bright as the moon - or less). I hear we rarely get snow and when we do it's very little, but causes HUGE problems. I miss good snow storms when you know you can be home doing "homey" things. Have fun!