Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Calling all cooks...

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Ok, so first of all, we're still in progress with the post-inspection negotiations. We should know by tomorrow end of the day at the latest (yeah, I know, you've heard that before!) because we put in a time limit for them to respond.


But while I've got you all here, I've been thinking... I miss sharing recipes with people. It's fun to both share when I've found a great/yummy/easy one, or to hear from others who do. And there have been a couple of times on this or other blogs in our circle where recipes have been discussed, or shared in the comments. Which is wonderful, but hard to find later on.

So I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a shared recipe blog. Just something here on Blogger, with any of us who are interested could be contributors and put up a post whenever you have a great recipe to share... or a call for help when you need a certain type of recipe.

Goodness knows Blogger is easy enough to set up. (Well, once I figure out the shared contributors thing, but I've seen other people do it.) (Ok, I checked out the help page and it's super easy.) We could use the labels to make it more easily searchable, so it's useful when you want to pull up, say, all the chicken recipes or dessert recipes or whatever.


So what'd'ya think? Anybody out there interested? Would you contribute? Would you use? And most importantly... what should it be called?

8 comments:

Syl said...

Sounds fantastic! Count me in. We can put some of our faves on there too, so they don't get lost.

Food for Thought?

Allknowingjen said...

A great idea! We should definitely include some of the camping/house recipes too. Perhaps we could have a whole label dedicated to "heavy cream" ;)

Bitchin' Kitchen?
Recipeeps? (heh ok that's dumb but funny to me)
Dish it out (or maybe up?)
Quite a Dish

kittenpie said...

I am not hte cook and frankly could survive on pasta and soup from tins, but if you get it going, I would certainly point my Misterpie over and see if he'd bite or not.

Happy Veggie said...

I love Recipeeps.

Anonymous said...

Recipeeps is totally funny :-) And I can't think of anything better at the moment. I think this is a great idea, and I'd absolutely contribute recipies.

DiploWhat said...

Love Recipeeps. (Reminds me of Wog's T-shirt that says "chillin' with my peeps and has pictures of duck peeps.)
And, I would contribute - especially yummy Chinese dishes once I get there!

Syl said...

I'm digging Recipeeps.

Anonymous said...

I would love to but I have never posted anything - might need a little help but I have some great things to share and I love to learn.

Turtle