Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A post (mostly) about cheese!

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Cheese, glorious cheese! I've got too many rattly thoughts in my head to do a real post, so instead I'll talk about cheese. Yay, cheese!

Here's a couple shots of the goat cheese curds I mentioned not long ago. Pusher, you'll notice not only are they goat cheese curds, but they're flavored goat cheese curds even!


(In the interest of full disclosure, this photo was followed by, "Hmmm... not many of those left... Definitely not enough to put 'em back in the frig." *munch*)



At a different booth at the farmers' market, we picked up this Les Frères and had some this evening. It's like a mild brie-sort of cheese. Yum! Pumpkin was a big fan of licking it off the crackers.


For my final cheese-related paragraph, I came across this link for Boozy Campfire Cheese via Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen. I think it sounds divine. Unfortunately, due to the rain over the weekend, it was not attempted at Girls' Adventure Weekend (All-Knowing Jen's recap here), but there's always next year!


(And on a completely unrelated note, the practically potty-trained Pumpkin was just intercepted running down the hallway shouting, "Yay! I peed in the potty!" while carrying the not-yet-emptied receptacle. Yup, it's an adventure around here every day. *sigh*)


8 comments:

DiploWhat said...

I'm still jealous that you can get fresh cheese. The best I can find is at Trader Joe's - and even then they seem to think that cheese comes from California. People out here are WEIRD!

Allknowingjen said...

Hmmm...My farmer's market doesn't have cheese! Time to find a new farmer's market to frequent I guess.

Pusher said...

CHEESE!!! Those cheese curds look delicious. Dill and goat cheese. Mmm, tangy.

DiploWhat said...

Just read the boozy chees thing. Reminds me of a cheese dish I made before that was a hit (and super easy).
One @ 4" diameter wheel of brie, pre-made pizza crust dough (the Pilsbury kind in a tube works well), about 1/4 c raisins (or craisens), 3T brandy, and a handful of walnuts. Mix the brandy, raisins and nuts. Unroll the pizza dough (about 1/2 of the Pilsbury package), place the brie in the center and prick with fork. Put raisin mix on top and pull up dough edges. Cook at 325-350 for 15 min or until dough is golden brown. Slice and Enjoy!
Of course, you can also do this just with the cheese and dough - nothing added. Huge hit at cocktail parties. Oh - another idea is to take the Pilsbury cressent roles and before you roll them up, put in one slice of provalone. Roll and bake as usual. Super huge hit.

Happy Veggie said...

Hrm. *looks through links to find something about local cheese* akj, you should head to the St. Paul Farmer's Market, downtown. http://www.lovetreefarmstead.com/

Syl said...

We caught my kid running out of the bathroom buck naked with a string of toilet paper clenched between her cheeks. Adventures, indeed.

kittenpie said...

Okay, I'm not a fan of goat cheese, but I looove cheese curds (cheddar). Haven't had them in ages. Damn, now I want cheese curds.

Anonymous said...

These were one of the mildest types of goat cheese I've ever had. Almost no goat flavor in them at all. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I would have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it. Maybe we'll get some more tomorrow. Yum.