(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
Ok, now that I've traumatized you all (or at least one brother - sorry!) I'll get a new post up. Just needed to speak up on the whole "breastfeeding is a natural way to feed your child and you shouldn't have to hide the the bathroom to do it" issue. Granted, I was self-conscious enough when I first had Pumpkin that I _did_ try to nurse her in the bathroom the first time Mr. Kluges and I ever went to a restaurant. It didn't work well, wasn't comfortable, abandoned him to sit alone for a long time, and just wasn't it. Since then, I became more comfortable nursing in public or around other people. But for a new mother, it can be a very personal, private act... and people looking at you funny can feel very embarrassing.
ANYWAY, I titled this "Changing the subject," so I will.
I love Craig's List. There's one for the area where we live and so far we've purchased...
- a Bumbo chair
- a Little Tikes climber with slide (sort of like this, but with a roof)
- an old by-hand coffee grinder that works
- a beautiful 5x8 rug for the office (for $35! We love it!)
- an antique radio that Mr. Kluges thinks is cool
- a seriously-like-new! child's play kitchen with food and stuff (SHHH!!! Don't tell Pumpkin - it's hidden in the attic for Xmas!)
So, if you're into reuse for the environment or frugality, check it out. Granted, there's some junk and definitely some overpriced stuff, but looking fairly often can find you some good stuff!