Friday, January 16, 2009

Cabin Fever = Escapist Thoughts of Summer Adventures

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Dear fellow GAWers,

As I sit here in our House of Much To Do, on the second consecutive day of Dangerous-Cold-School-Canceled, looking forward (so to speak) to a weekend of Mr. Kluges not being around to co-parent, my thoughts turn to the fun, adventure, and non-kid-time of Girls' Adventure Weekends...

Ah, the days of just hanging out at the campsite, chatting about whatever, in the nice (mostly) weather... staying up as late as we like since it'll be birds waking us, not kids... only being in charge of certain meals, and feeding only myself... not changing any diapers... doing fun, adventurous, non-mom things... not having 1/3rd of my mind on one kid and a 1/3rd on the other and what they're up to, leaving me not a whole lot of brain power for whatever I'm actually trying to do...

Do we have any inklings (I had to type that 3 times thanks to the 1/3 of a brain left to me; I kept trying to put a 'c' in it.) as to any potential adventures for the upcoming year? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Daydreamingly yours,
MHH

7 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

It's a bit further afield, so it may not work... but I have sailing links:
http://www.dreamcatcher-sailing.com/
http://www.animaashi.com/

And this one isn't really for GAW (though how awesome would that be??) Still, a nice daydream
http://www.mauialoha.net/

Kashka said...

Here is my list of demands:

1. Camper Cabins.

That is all....

Syl said...

I might be in this year too! Whatever you guys decide, I'm in. Even if that might be, say, Mojitos at a local bar and stumbling back to our tents (cabins?) for a quiet, uninterrupted sleep.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's been a while. I hope you were able to hang on to at least some of your sanity in the mind numbingly cold weather we just got rid of. I'm daydreaming of warm days when I can plant more flowers and some vegetables.

Wait, what is this "girl's night" that you speak of? I seem to recall having a few occassionally years ago... Sounds like heaven.

Pusher said...

AKJ's sailing idea is nifty, but the boats only sleep 4 adults. :-(

Temp & I were talking about maybe doing rock climbing again. I know we like to find new cool things to do, but I'm all out of ideas that aren't (a) too expensive (b) too far away, and/or (c) insane.

kittenpie said...

Wait, they CANCELLED school for the cold? Damn. That's bad. I kept Pumpkinpie home for one of the brutal days because I didn't feel like getting everyone bundled and going out in it two days in a row, but school was ON. They never clse here.

And OMG am I ever waiting for spring. We've almost weathered out January now!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Pusher, I hear you on the expensive. We're still playing financial-catch-up after remortaring, replacing the roof, having the electric redone, etc. in one year. So for me, this wouldn't be a great year for an expensive trip. I wouldn't remind redoing rock climbing or whatever...

You all know you're welcome to come out here and stay if we want to do anything out this-a-way... but that's quite a drive, too.