Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's c-c-c-c-c-c-cold!

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


It's COLD out there! We're past the "nose-hair-freezing" stage. I think the official title is "Butt A$$ Cold." So cold, in fact, that school has been canceled for today. Not too surprised 'cuz the forecasters have been warning us it was going to be bad. Right now, Weather.com puts us at -15F with wind chill of -39F. For you metric users, that's -26C and a wind chill of -39C. Frigid!

So, I'm leaving my fleece pjs on for now and crawling back into my flannel sheets. Penguin thought 5:30 was morning, but I think we've got her settled back down now, so here's hoping for a nice, slow, stay-in-our-warm-beds-for-a-while morning.

Stay warm, all of you, stay warm!

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

There's cold and there's inhumane. You crossed the line about 50 degrees ago!

Allknowingjen said...

Same here! It might "warm up" to -4 later though... We usually go to the library on Thurs - but once the schools were closed or late I decided it can wait until tomorrow.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

AKJ - Yeah, I do my library looking on-line and then put things on hold for myself so I don't have to do the stacks with the girl(s). But we go for them to look and do library stuff & then I put up my holds. I've got 6 holds in right now... but I don't think I'm going to venture out to get them. Maybe sans girls when Mr. Kluges gets home...

DiploWhat said...

I still remember the bad winter back in Morris with the -70 windchill and major snow. Now that was a winter! The winters here are pretty wimpy. Cold wind, but no snow.