Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's in YOUR cupboard?

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

I am a hoarder.

Probably not a surprise to those of you who know me, I realize, but rather true. Always have been. Probably always will be. Never know when something is going to be useful!

Looking at my pantry & the small chest freezer downstairs (also the mass of mostly still green tomatoes on my counter), I realized it's time to use some of my hoarded food supplies. So for the moment I'm declaring a moratorium on grocery store purchases.*

(I must admit the fact that we got bills from the gutter guys, the roof guys & a "is that bill ever coming?" bill from the radiator/dryer vent guys all this week was a bit of a push as well, but I've been thinking about doing it for a while.)

(But our house is currently quite well stocked in yummy cheese, fancy olive oil & vinegar, & other yummies from Pusher & Puck's visit this past weekend. Where they made us stay up far too late playing Rock Band. 'Cuz it was all them. Really. Not me going, "Oh, let's just do one more song...." Um, yeah.)


So for the next two weeks I'm challenging myself to make yummy meals from my hoarded food supplies. I was going to do just one, but since I came up with ideas for the first 5 meals so quickly [pasta w. dried cherry tomatoes (own garden) & leftover chicken, fried rice w. bacon & peapods (frozen from CSA), squash soup with homemade croutons, homemade mushroom pizza (with new porcini olive oil!), ring bologna with sweet potatoes and cabbage], I'll dig a little deeper and do two weeks. Wish me luck!

(Also, 'cuz I posted this, now I've got accountability. Kind of like posting my New Year's Resolutions and goals, you know?)



*Well, except for milk, oj, butter, eggs, diapers, wipes, and Mr. Kluges's cream, honey & oatmeal. Plus other NECESSITIES as they arise.

No comments: