Wednesday, April 04, 2007

We made it!

****************
copyright 2007 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
Well, we made it.
Had a few travel related hassles, got to deal with security and passport and customs more than we'd like, enjoyed a grand total of a 1/2 hour or 45 minute nap from Pumpkin during the approximately 9 hours we were on our first plane, were delayed several hours in Chicago, got sent around to three different gates there (Oh, my poor pregnant lady feet! How I waddled!), but eventually we made it back home.
And so did all our bags! Amazing, I know.
I even got more than 5 hours of sleep last night, which was a first since our return. It was LATE (11pm DST) before our flight hit the ground here, so we'd been awake about 24 hours before getting to hit the hay on Sunday night, but Pumpkin slept (not necessarily comfortably, but slept) from 7pm on in her carseat/stroller combo, so she was ready to wake up by 6am. Then yesterday she woke up at 3:30 am, hungry, and decided that it was time to stay up. ARGH! Mommy was a little wiped that day.
But last night was better, and she's napping now, and I already did, so I'm enjoying a moment of quiet to at least post. Probably won't get to many of your sites 'cuz I should wake her up soon in order to get her to sleep decently tonight, but still, I can let you know I'm alive.
And I got Wheat Thins today. Yay!

5 comments:

TLP said...

Welcome home! Wherever that is.

I came across your blog by clicking on "next blog" at the top of a blog that I read.

Very interesting reading. So, home is Chicago? Just transferred through that airport myself. It's a big one.

Allknowingjen said...

Welcome back!!! Hallelujah for Wheat Thins!
Good luck with the sleep adjustment thing and the culture change thing in general. Hope we'll get to see you- Keep us posted on your next steps.

Syl said...

Can't wait to see you. Next stop, Triscuits!

Pusher said...

Welcome home! Nice to have you back in this time zone. :-) I hope you and Pumpkin both adjust to it soon and get back on a regular sleeping schedule.

Happy Veggie said...

My sleep is messed up enough with being 36 or so weeks pregnant, I can only imagine adding in major time zone changes. Oof. Happy happy to have you back in our general area.