Thursday, April 19, 2007

Well, those look... interesting

copyright 2007 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
Doing some catching up blog reading and came across this Easter-related post on Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen. (And no, I don't remember how I came to be reading their site fairly regularly, but it's got some fun stuff for non-apartment dwellers, too)

Tea Eggs

I would totally make these for a Halloween party, but they'd have to be called Rotten Dodo Bird Eggs or Giant Spider Eggs or something else suitable.

P.S. Happy National Garlic Day, too, I guess.


DiploWhat said...

A girl here at work makes tea eggs all the time. She picked it up in China. At least I think they'd taste better than the smoked eggs you could get in Korea. The shells looked really cool - like a beautiful burl wood - but the taste was awful!

Pusher said...

I've been eyeing up that recipe in The Joy of Cooking for years now. They just sound so cool!