Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dyin' here

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


We're dyin' here. No news yet. Lots of speculation on our parts, but nothing official.

And the longer it goes, the more pessimistic we get on our prospects.

We're guessing that some of the hangup here has to do with the weekend in the way and also with the time difference to Sydney, Australia where the current owner lives. We put in our offer at 4 or 4:30 or so on Friday, so if the seller's agent didn't get it yet that day, and didn't go in on Saturday, then he wouldn't have gotten it until Monday morning. Then I don't know if it has to go to the seller himself (if so, then time zone hassles) or if they could just let the contingency buyers know right away. If the seller needed to officially do anything, well, then with the time lag, the contingency people might just be finding out this morning!

Which would mean a whole 'nother 24 hours of stress for us, plus if it has to go back to the seller again with the time zones and then come back to us so we know....

So, I guess our "by the latest we'll know end of the day on Monday" was TOTALLY WRONG!

*sigh*

Well, we'll let you know shortly after we do. Thanks for all your support, by the way - we even got a couple of phone calls last night about this all! Like I said, we're getting more and more pessimistic, so no news might very well NOT be good news.

*sigh*

We'll see...

8 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

*send happy house thoughts* I'm gonna keep checking obsessively, and sending good thoughts your way.

DiploWhat said...

Oh man! First thing I did when I got into work was check your blog hoping for some good news.
Don't forget, this guy is obviously not in any extreme hurry to sell (being in Australia and all and having listed it before) so maybe he's out driking a beer with friends rather than thinking house stuff. It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like your offer.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

We're not as worried about the seller in Australia as we are that the people with the contingency offer in will decide they really want it and remove the contingency. Then we're out of luck 'cuz they've got first dibs, ya know?

Argh.

DiploWhat said...

But you guys are way cooler than the contingency folks! And, who wants to sell to somebody who comes up with a contingency vs. cool people who just give you a straight up price?

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah... too bad it's not up to us!?!

Ang said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too :-) I know this is nerve wracking, but no news also means there's still a chance!

kittenpie said...

Jinkies! Now I'M getting all angsty for you, too!

ewe are here said...

Oh, the agony of waiting for that yay or nay. Hope you hear soon!