Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ew!

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

It's fall. That means the mice are looking for nice, warm, food-filled places to spend the winter.

That means they're trying to get into houses.

Now, we expected that at our new/old brick house.

(Do you see where this is going?)

Yeah, not so much at our current rental house. But yeah, we've seen, um, "evidence." I first noticed some evidence a couple of days ago, but since it was on the counter near some light fixtures Mr. Kluges had brought over from the brick house's attic, I figured it had just fallen out of the very old newspaper they'd been wrapped in. So I cleaned it up and decided to just keep an eye out in case.

Then I found some more, and we knew it was not just from the box of light fixtures.

And this morning, well, we realized they were very bold fellows and that we needed to put out traps tonight.

You see, Pumpkin gets a treat when she uses the potty successfully (and remembers to ask for it). If it's post-toothbrushing, then the treat gets put on the table next to our vitamin containers for the morning.

Last night there was a Tootsie Roll on the table...
... this morning there were two tiny mouse turds...
...and no Tootsie Roll.

You can mess with us, but not with our candy! You meet your doom tonight, Mr. Mouse!

4 comments:

DiploWhat said...

Mice are not as discerning as "Kinder Squirrels". http://deathguild.tribe.net/thread/7ef45279-31bd-43d2-a938-beb9619fb7a1

I remember the annual migration of field mice/deer mice (distinguishable by their white bellies) into my folks house every winter. I think my mom got weired out by my dad giving me a biology lesson from the ones caught in traps and letting me pet them before I had to go throw them out over the hillside.

Of course, there was also that time that we had a retarted one. Seriously - half of it's brain was missing. It was blind and would often run into walls. Even mom felt bad for that one and so we just trapped it instead of killing it. It refused to eat, though, and when it died it ended up in my dad's biology classroom for disection.

kittenpie said...

Oh my crikey. I haven't had a tootsie roll in ages, but I looooove them, so if a mouse cheated me out of out, I'd be on the warpath, too! Mickey, meet thy maker.

Pusher said...

Ack! No fair! The current dwelling is supposed to be issue-free so you can spend your energies on your real house. Here's hoping you're rid of them soon.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

You know, Pusher, that's precisely why it torques me off so much. I mean, ew, mouse poop, in general, but yeah, we're only supposed to have to worry about mice and other issues with our REAL house!