Thursday, December 28, 2006

A quick catch-up post

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at www.musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
Sorry for the lack of postings lately. We've been busy with the holidays & with my in-laws here. Just sent them off EARLY this morning when Mr. Kluges brought them to the airport. And by early I mean they left the house at 4:30 in the a of m. And no, we didn't wake up Pumpkin to see them off; in fact, she very kindly slept until close to 8:30 this morning!

Today I have been running the washer and dryer constantly. I actually stripped the sheets off the guest bed and threw them in before re-retiring at 4:35 myself just 'cuz it takes so long and I knew I had plenty o' washing to do between sheets, towels, clothes & such. Pumpkin and I tidied, tried to find homes for all the new toys, and put together her new little kitchen today. I LOVE having visitors, but it always takes a couple of days to catch up after they leave, you know?

Poor Pumpkin came down with a cold the day before the inlaws arrived and snuffled and coughed her way through the whole week. Today was the first day I didn't have to dose her up with kids' cough meds, poor thing. She was up 10 times or so the first night of her cold before we got medicine 'cuz she was too stuffy to breathe, but after that it got better. She wasn't big on eating either, and between that and the medicine, she wasn't as... regular... as normal.

I only mention this (and I'm sure Mr. Kluges is shaking his head in disbelief that I did) because this is the only photo we have of her in her Christmas finery. You see, we drove down to Cobh and went to St. Colman's Cathedral for Christmas mass. And while we were there, at services... well, the imbalance corrected itself. And Pumpkin got to ride home swaddled in a blanket and her fortunately unsullied dress while the underlayers of clothing had to go in the trunk in a plastic bag. Yuck! (I'm sure you're all so VERY glad that I'm sharing this, I know.) So, the moral of the story is ALWAYS bring a change of clothes along even if you're only going to be away from home for a couple of hours!

Anyway, I'll try to do some posting about the fun stuff we did with Grampa Jem and Gramma Yori were here over the next few days. Also, I've started my post about 10 things I like that start with the letter E... but that make take a little longer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Still shaking my head)...

kittenpie said...

Ha - and one for yourself, as I found out...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah - I have to say YOUR holiday family experience was MUCH worse, Kittenpie! Folks, if you want to cringe in sympathy, chuckle a bit and be thankful it's not you, take a gander at her blog!

Allknowingjen said...

I hate to admit it, but I laughed out loud at your misfortune, only because I have been there- but with a smaller child and it was Easter.

Allknowingjen said...

Oh- and I did go read Kittenpie's tale and wow. OMG wow. She wins! ;)