Sunday, December 10, 2006

Who says it never hurts to have a good imagination?

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at www.musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************

Friday night we were sitting at the table, having supper. Pumpkin requested "One Fine Face" from a Sesame Street CD, so we listened to that, then "Honker Ducker Dinger Jamboree."

Pumpkin started banging on the table with her hands and fists to accompany the lively song.

Then she said, "I'm a hammer! Use me on the fence!" and before I could say, "No, honey, don't!"...


She'd whammed her forehead right down into the table's edge.


The poor thing sat up tearfully, shook her head, and said, "I'm not a hammer. I'm Pumpkin.*"

Poor baby! This was, of course, immediately followed by holding, comforting, and kisses, but it was rather hard for Mr. Kluges and I to keep a straight face.


*Well, her version of her name, which is closer than it used to be when she called herself "Sunny," but still isn't quite there.

3 comments:

kittenpie said...

Is it totally evil that I am laughing my ass off over here? hee hee hee...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Not at all, Kittenpie! It was all I could do to keep a sympathetic face until I had her in my arms... then I could smirk and silently giggle at and with Mr. Kluges since she couldn't see my face anymore! The poor thing! But, oh, I bet she never does THAT again!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can't help but feel evil for laughing about this, but you can't really help but laugh, either.

The poor thing sat up tearfully, shook her head, and said, "I'm not a hammer. I'm Pumpkin.*" I think that's just about the cutest, most "aaw!"-inducing thing I've ever read. Poor Pumpkin!