Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December Goal

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at http://www.musenmutter.blogspot.com/
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
So it's a new month. How'd November go? Well, I had two goals - to limit myself to not more than one treat per day and to finish the back of my mosaic. I did... ok with the treat goal. It got easier the further away from Halloween we got. :) Less thinking about temptation, I suppose. Not that I was great at it, but the goal did make me more aware of how many I was eating and kept me from totally pigging out.

As for the mosaic, well, I did great the first half of the month. And then? I put it away upstairs since we were having guests for dinner so it couldn't stay out on the dining room table. And I needed to cut more tiles. And I was behind on household stuff. And I needed to get going on Xmas stuff.

And so I haven't touched it since.

I know, I know - I was all about the feeling of accomplishment I'd get for finally finishing it, blah, blah, blah, but you know, I did get some of that feeling by crossing Xmas stuff off my list - like ordering presents for people or getting our Xmas cards created and ordered (not that they're done yet, but I'm well on the way - I just need to get Mr. Kluges to get his share of the writing done for our mutual friends and ones that are more his). And I did get quite a few more rows done, so progress was made. (See, I did! I wrote about it with photos!)

It just might have to be a goal another month.

And as for my December goal, I'm taking the month off!

Actually, no, I won't start any new goals, but let me say this...

My goals for December are to continue the near total (I've got a birthday coming up... and New Year's Eve - I can have a glass of wine or bubbly for those!) ban on alcohol I've been living under for a while... and to keep taking my prenatal vitamins every day.

*grin* Yup, that is an announcement! We're due mid-May. Hooray!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

The Dude said...

Congratulations!!!!!! :)

Allknowingjen said...

Woohoo! Big congratulations to you!

Kashka said...

Yay! Congrats!

Jaysan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ms. Huis Herself said...

NoNickTodd & Jaysan - Thanks for the congrats! I deleted your comments 'cuz we don't want to use our family members' real name on here, but yes, both Mr. Kluges and Pumpkin know! :) Of course, one seems to understand more than the other...

(And NoNickTodd - you still get credit for being the first to comment!)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Wow, no wonder you've been fretting about big life things lately — major life-changing events'll do that do a person. :-)

I'm really happy for all of you!

Syl said...

Congratulations! Don't worry too much, thinks work out. Just enjoy your time with one before it turns into two. It's a joy, but it's a lot of hard work!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, I think you're right about the fretting, Pusher. Plus add in wacked-out hormones, and it's a wonder you haven't had to read another more stressed out / depressed / wired / bizarre entries!

kittenpie said...

Wow, congratulations! All my bloggers seem to be getting pregnant slowly...