Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cheddar Mango Chutney Chips and Mosaic Status

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at www.musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
So, photo fun for all of you today. Here's another slightly unusual sort of potato chip that I used this blog as an excuse to eat, uh, I mean, that I wanted to show you all to highlight some of the cultural and culinary differences between the US and Ireland. Yeah, that's it. Now I know cheese-flavored chips are far from strange, but I liked the combo of cheddar and mango chutney. Yup, basically some sort of tropical fruit salsa along with your wedge o' cheddar. Actually, I think these are quite nice - it's cheesy but with a nice little sweet and fruity taste to it as well. Yum. Too bad they're all gone already...

(Have I mentioned that I'm not being hugely successful with the one treat per day goal? Doing better than I would have without the goal, but dang, temptation with chocolate is difficult to resist!)



And speaking of goals, here's the back of my mosaic as of the beginning of November. (The coaster is there for scale.)
(And aren't you impressed I actually thought ahead enough to take a "before" picture?!?)



And here's where it is now. You can see I've gotten a few more rows done, but man, is it time-consuming! One of those little rows takes about 45 minutes. Yup, 3/4 of an hour! And once I've gotten one row done, my back is sore from sitting hunched over and I'm ready for a break. So, I might not get done by the end of November, but I'm glad to say that progress is definitely being made. Also, I'm about out of cut tiles, so cutting a bunch more is going to have to happen soon - probably before I finish the next row or two.
So there you go - a few photos and a bit of an update on a goal. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

hmm... cheddar with mango chutney sounds like it would be tasty! if kind of odd. (but way better than roast ox)
Great progress on the mosaic!