Thursday, January 25, 2007

Banana Pumpkin Kiwi What?

****************
copyright 2007 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
So I've blogged before about the strange chip flavors you can find here in Ireland, as well as the "exotic vegetable" of butternut squash, but I came across this product the other day and had to share it with y'all.

It's a little tiny (hand for scale, you know) bottle of pureed fruit and vegetable. Now, I've been trying especially hard lately to increase the amount of fruits and veg in my diet, both for baby-on-the-way and general health, so I picked these up thinking, "Hey, these are easy and look interesting!"

They're... not bad... but a little odd. In case you can't read the label very well, this one is Banana Pumpkin Kiwi. Yeah, strange combo, I know. It tasted mostly like pureed pumpkin or squash baby food thinned down with tropical juice. Not great, but not bad, and tiny, so it's not like I had to choke down a ton if I wanted one.

Pumpkin herself loved them, so since then we got the slightly more normal (& yummier) version of Orange Banana Carrot. Equally bright orange, if not more so, but tastier!


**This blog entry brought to you by the CFAoMHI (Cultural Food Alliance of Ms. Huis's Imagination). Thanks for your support.**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's made by Knorr. Of the spinach dip, Knorr's. How very strange. I'm glad to hear it's helping you and Pumpkin with getting your fruits and veggies in :-) The ticker is a cool addition!!

Kashka said...

Hey, can you get Pusher to bring me back one of these? I'm not into orange juice, and this fascinates me. Yes, it is my dream to have a "Would you drink this" party after cleaning out the coolers of Fargo's International Grocery Store.

Allknowingjen said...

I think it sounds kind of yummy, and yet hard to imagine.

Pusher said...

Temp, I get to be the importer for you?!? How very bizarre.