Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow! Hooray!

****************
copyright 2007 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************

It snowed Monday!!!

Really! That's super exciting when you're 2!

Pumpkin was sitting at the table, having a little breakfast when it started to snow. Just a few little flurries, but it's the first snow we've had this winter. I turned her chair around so she could see it, and she was thrilled!

"Snow! It's snowing! Look at the snow!! Can I go out and play in the snow?"

"Well, honey, you've got your jammas on still, but let's hurry and change you into warm clothes and then we can go out."

So we hurried and scurried and got us both dressed and in winter gear in like 2 or 3 minutes. (I know, new world record!) Just in time to go outside for this...


Nothing. Squat.

"Where's the snow went, Mommy?"

"Well, honey, it stopped snowing for now, but maybe the snow will come back in a little bit."

"Come a back, snow!"


And luckily enough for us,

... it did!



And just for fun, here's a bonus picture from the other day of Pumpkin looking extra adorable in her "I'm a winter cutie" outfit of earwarmer/headband (since her ponytail buns wouldn't fit under a hat), fuzzy pink vest, and stripey mittens. I know I'm biased, but isn't she CUTE?!?



3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

First Tucson,AZ and now Cork- What a crazy winter!
And Pumpkin is so cute, I just want to squeeze her. :)

Pusher said...

Aawww, I'm very glad the snow came back!

ewe are here said...

She's lovely. ;-)
And great fuzzy pink vest!

I felt bad the other morning as well. There was snow on the ground when we woke up, but my 20 month old never got to experience the joy... mostly melted away by the time we left playgroup at noon. He did get to see it falling today though...