Friday, November 11, 2011

NaBloPoMo #11 - Elevenses

(c) 2011 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

11 Things for Which I am Grateful (in no particular order)
  1. The people who have sacrificed much to keep our country free (I would be remiss not to mention this on Veterans' Day!)
  2. My husband
  3. My children
  4. Our extended families, wonderful people that they are!
  5. Our comfortable life
  6. Our interesting/frustrating/beautiful/historical house
  7. The many opportunities I've had - both those taken and those I let pass by
  8. My health
  9. Books
  10. Bacon
  11. The many possibilities the future holds

11 Things I'm of which I'm NOT Particularly Fond at the Moment
  1. The wee small mice Mr. Kluges has been catching again in our attic
  2. Clutter, but I'm working on it, with baby steps
  3. That Penguin seems to be saving up all her naughtiness/willfulness/poopy-headedness that she's not doing during 4K (which is going great!!!) and giving it to me every afternoon
  4. That I don't have a bunch of little fairies or brownies in the kitchen doing my dishes right now
  5. When my hands get cold to the bones and they ache
  6. The week of adjustment away from Daylight Saving Time when Penguin still wants to get up early
  7. When my girls squabble
  8. The number the scale shows (not terrible, but could be better!)
  9. Christmas decorations out before Thanksgiving... x10 if it's before Halloween
  10. That bacon has more calories than celery
  11. Did I mention the squabbling?

11 Things I'd Like to Do within the Next 11 Years
  1. Keep running.
  2. Family Trip to a Disney theme park
  3. Second Honeymoon
  4. ...ok, just did math...now I feel old! Teach my daughters how to be productive, happy, healthy adults.
  5. Get my craft/sewing room up in the attic sorted
  6. Get the House of 42 Doors to a state where we're comfortable - that includes a second bathroom, at least!
  7. Go on many Girls' Adventure Weekends!
  8. Family Camping Trip
  9. Declutter & get things so that I know what we have and can easily get what I want when I want it.
  10. Learn to not stress the little things...
  11. ...and to figure out which things are the little things.

No comments: