Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaBloPoMo #20 - The way to a woman's heart...

(c) 2011 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

...could very well be through her stomach, too! Mr. Kluges made an adapted version (based on what we had on hand, including an oyster mushroom & using porcini oil from the Olive Cellar for the gravy) of Steven Raichlen's truffle-something beer can chicken from this cookbook.

With creamy mushroom gravy.

Oh. My. Goodness!  It was SO awesome that if I hadn't already married him, I would've proposed on the spot.  Possibly the yummiest thing I've eaten all year.  Just, YUMMMMMM!!!!

Moral of the story: If you can cook a kick-butt dish, you'll have suitors aplenty.  Or at least, your spouse will appreciate you anew!

Also, I do highly recommend Steven Raichlen's grill books - everything we've made from them has been above average to AWESOME!
 

No comments: