Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Few are the children...

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at www.musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************

Warning:
This trick may not work on any other child.

So here I was standing in the kitchen, starting supper prep. I had been starving, so had just put away the bag of "Steak Fajita and Onion" chips from the previous post, after sharing a couple with Pumpkin.

She comes running back into the kitchen.

P: 'Nother one!
M: Sorry, honey, they're all gone.
P: 'Nother one!
M: They're all gone, but you can have one of these mushrooms if you'd like.
P: Mushroom!

Which she happily took in her little hand and ran out of the room. Few are the children who will accept a plain raw mushroom in place of a tortilla chip!!


P.S. And as I typed this, she came running back in (not that I usually let her wander with food, mind you), saying, "'Nother one mushroom!" That's my girl! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Pumpkin is certainly an unusual girl, eating raw mushrooms. My two might just about eat a mushroom, if it was deep fried in batter and smothered in ketchup!