Saturday, November 04, 2006

I get to go to Cork! All by myself!

****************
copyright 2006 by Ms. Huis Herself
Please read this at www.musenmutter.blogspot.com
because that is the REAL site. Thank you!
****************
I'm posting just quickly to balance out the rather negative post from yesterday. You see...

today I get to go shopping in Cork ALL BY MYSELF!

Hooray! I've got a bunch of little errands to run that will just be easier to do without Pumpkin along. Things like bringing in the digital camera and printing out a ton of photos to send to relatives & recent visitors. And Pumpkin? Not so patient with waiting while Mommy pokes at a little computer screen to select the right photos and quantities and all. Also I want to do a little browsing through the charity shops (second hand stores) to look for jeans for her, maybe hit a store or two to look for clothes for me, go to the library and actually get to spend time in the nonchildren's section... Oooh! I'm just so excited thinking about the freedom!

Not that Pumpkin is difficult to take shopping. She's really quite good, but I can try on maybe three things each in two stores before her patience is worn out. And it's 30 minutes in the children's room at the library and a quick 3 or 4 in the main section.

But today? Today I'm leaving the girl with Daddy and enjoying an afternoon on my own.

In fact, why am I wasting time writing about it to you people? *grin* I'm off!

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Woo hoo! I hope you have fun! I know I feel 1000 times more productive without the girl along.
Also, I have started using the phrase "charity shops" all the time.

Syl said...

Run girl!

Jaysan said...

My idea of a charity shop is different, but I suppose that doesn't surprise anyone.