Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans out there! Here's an incomplete list of things for which I'm thankful:
  • my wonderful husband Mr. Kluges, who makes my life a grand adventure
  • my darling firstborn child Pumpkin, who makes me laugh daily
  • my precious secondborn child Penguin, for her smiles like the sun rising
  • my mother for her quirky, just-so ways, yummy chocolate chip cookies, dedicated nursing skills, and willingness to be silly with us and the girls
  • my father for balancing out my mom, his we-can-do-it attitude, his help with our house to-do lists and his wisdom
  • both my parents, for their boundless love and support throughout the years
  • my brother Uncle Drew for his humor, intelligence, and love of games
  • my brother Uncle TP for his drive and ambition
  • my sister-in-law Auntie Kay for her graciousness and for bringing out the best in Uncle TP
  • my in-laws for their many visits and much help (especially recently), and for making me so welcome in their family
  • my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their two girls for how fun and lively things are when they're around
  • my TNGreatAunt, for her fun attitude, her own quirkiness, and her extreme generosity
  • all of my relatives for being family, with all that entails
  • my college friends for how tight we've stayed over the years, and how much we care about and help each other. You guys rock! I could say individual things about you all, because you're all fabulous in your own different ways, but I've only got until Penguin decides to wake up...
  • my wonderful friends I made in Ireland. They are what I miss the most from our time there
  • the internet, which helps me keep in contact with all of those listed above and has let me make new friends as well
  • YOU (yes, you) for reading this blog and making me feel my thoughts are heard and validated
  • the delicious food we'll be enjoying today and Saturday surrounded by family
  • being able to see grandparents more often now that we're back in the US
  • having had the opportunity to live over in Ireland for those two years, and all of the adventures we had there
  • our it'll-be-gorgeous-someday House of 42 Doors. Did I mention that my life is more adventurous thanks to Mr. Kluges? *grin*
  • the huge grocery stores stocked with such a variety and sufficiency of food here in the US, and also that they have fun shopping carts with cars on the front for Pumpkin to ride in
  • my college experience. Meeting new people, studying challenging and/or fun subjects, and really connecting with others - I felt like I really became myself in those years.
  • the changing of the seasons. I know winter will seem extra cold to us this year, but the changing seasons have always helped me mark and celebrate time
  • libraries, books, and reading. They have enriched and entertained my life.
  • hot baths
  • a bed that's cozy and warm
  • beer
  • chocolate
  • for Pumpkin and Penguin sleeping in long enough for me to do this post
  • and so many, many more things with which I've been blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

For all that and more, Sláinte! :)