Sunday, November 18, 2007

We did it, we did it, we did it! Hooray!

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com


Just a brief post because a)I'm exhausted, b)I'm surrounded by exhausted & therefore whiny children, c) I'm catching a quick moment to type here at the rental because we don't have internet at the House of 42 Doors yet as we didn't expect to be in yet.

Did you catch that "in yet?" As in, we're now in. In residence at the House of 42 Doors?!?!?

Yup, thanks immeasurably to our good friend in need is a friend indeed, NoNick, we got all the big furniture and such moved over to the House of 42 Doors yesterday. He and Mr. Kluges loaded up the Blazer & trailer and made multiple trips while the girls and I stayed at the rental and packed boxes.

The most exciting parts of the day? Mr. Kluges and I having to Bo-and-Luke-Duke it in through the windows of the Blazer since we'd tied the mattress to the top and through the front windows because it was blowing up too much in front. Yeah, I'm only 5'4", so it was a bit of a stretch.

Then, we had to haul the mattress and the box spring up over the back porch balcony, over the partly-rotten-and-unsafe railing before we could go to bed because there was no way either one would fit up the stairs and around the corners. Good thing NoNick knows a lot about knots.

Ok, it's a melt-down with the toddler (who even got a 2 hour nap today) 'cuz moving takes it out of a person, so that's it for now.

(But I did get my NaBloPoMo post in today!)

7 comments:

Syl said...

Congrats on being in residence! I hope everything is working for you!

DiploWhat said...

Wow! You are one buzy bee. Congrats on getting so much done!

Anonymous said...

It was a very fun, productive weekend. Very good to see all of you again, and to get to see the new house. I'm tired too, and going to bed myself. Work tomorrow. Ugh.

Mary Beth said...

Did at least one of you slide over the front hood as you came around? I loved the Dukes growing up:) Congrats on being in the new house and good luck with the hectic week ahead.

Allknowingjen said...

Yay for getting in the house!
Are the lights all working?

Pusher said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed your first night at the house and slept well.

(And I'm so impressed that you still managed to blog!)

kittenpie said...

Yay! I know there's still a lot of work ahead, but it must feel fantastic to be in there.