Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo begins

(c) 2007 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

I love Halloween. I've always loved the costumes and dressing up. Trying to be creative and clever and original with them is a fun challenge. I mean, one year I used a real iron to scorch a chef's hat so I could go as the "Ironed Chef." (*snort* I'm funny!)

I'm really looking forward to when the girls have ideas for what they want to be for Halloween. So far Pumpkin has been a parrot (while Mr. Kluges and I were pirates. She was all of 2 months old, and adorable!), a dinosaur/dragon, and a cowgirl. The cowgirl was cool because it was my mom's costume from when she was a girl.

This is the first year that Pumpkin had an opinion. She kind of waffled around for a while with different answers to "What do you want to be for Halloween this year?" but when I got "A black kitty!" several days in a row, I figured she'd actually chosen. And she loved it. And when I found the little infant kitty hat, I couldn't resist matching the two kids. If I would have found my witch's hat, we could have been a set! (Granted, I thought Penguin could also have gone as a "cat burglar" dressed all in black with that little skull cap... *giggle*)

In fact, all that seasonal creativity gets me excited. Carving pumpkins or dyeing eggs at Easter. It's an excuse to carve some time to be creative and crafty out of our regular lives.

I should do it more often!

(You'll never guess who wanted her pumpkin carved like a kitty... and who now wants kitties on the wall of her new pink room...)

(Hmmm... That reminds me... I think kitty presents would probably be well received at Christmas! Also, I better hurry up and start doing holiday stuff like presents and cards and such.)

No comments: