Friday, March 07, 2008

Jobs I've Had

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Here's an alphabetical list of jobs I've had. If/when I remember other ones, I'll add 'em in. I've been paid to do all of the following:
  • 4H summer assistant
  • actor (This one's a stretch, but out there somewhere is a computer program used to train health care appointment schedulers, and I'm on it pretending to have just found out I'm pregnant. Told you it was a stretch!)
  • babysitter
  • bean bar rider
  • boss of a crew of fellow teens who were helping with clean-up after an area tornado
  • child care center director
  • costume designer (Ok, I only got paid to do it for one show, but it still totally counts!)
  • fast food worker (Wendy's)
  • general farm laborer
  • minigolf attendant
  • office temp
  • preschool teacher at a child care center
  • resident advisor (RA)
  • rock picker
  • summer residence hall director
  • teacher, 1st-3rd grade multiage
  • teacher, 2nd grade
  • teacher, kindergarten-1st grade multiage
  • tutor


3 comments:

kittenpie said...

Hee hee - your revised banner is cracking me up - I am totally on the same page. CAN it be spring yet, PLEASE?!

I don't think I can say I've held nearly as many assorted jobs - mine have almost all involved books or kids, or some combination thereof. (Yes, my job is just my thing, can't you tell?!)

And your auntie left me a nice note - thanks auntie! How sweet.

DiploWhat said...

Bean bar rider? Uh, do I want to ask?

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Diplowhat (and other non-farm-kids):
Imagine a long (20 ft?) metal bar attached to the front of a tractor. It extends both ways, and on each side are mounted two seats. Basically, people sit in those seats, holding spray guns with hoses attached to a tank of herbicide and are driven up and down a field of soybeans, spraying the weeds in their designated rows.

After a day or two of that, I always, always dreamt of soybeans... Rows and rows of soybeans...