(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
In honor of the end of March, and the list-writing challenge that I did for a while, here are a few to finish us out for the 31st.
New Foods Penguin has Eaten in the Past 2 Weeks
- bacon (She's no longer a vegetarian! And what a great first meat! *grin*)
- roasted asparagus with balsamic browned butter
- penne noodles with pesto
Verses Pumpkin has Made up to "Down by the Bay"
Did you ever see...
- a moose eating a duck?
- a [Penguin] eating a rhinoceros?
- a potty people eating a Kiki? (Yeah, I don't know what a "potty people" is either, but Kiki's her favorite stuffed bear.)
Yummies to which we introduced Sewing Bee (formerly Turtle) and Mr. Turtle (Pumpkin's godparents and Mr. Kluges's best man)
- Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
- really good balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Bigelow's Orange and Spice herbal tea
- Red Leicester cheese
Yummies to which Sewing Bee and Mr. Turtle introduced us
Ways in Which Baby Boy Turtle (age 5 months) Resembles a Little Old Man
- the shape of his face
- his very, very, very light colored and scant hair
- He's toothless
- ...and incontinent.
Ways in Which Pumpkin and Little Girl Turtle (4 months her elder) had to be THE SAME
- wearing matching sweatshirts to the local children's museum
- when I loosely braided Pumpkin's hair before bedtime, LGT needed a sleeping braid put in her much, much shorter hair, too.
- had to have coordinating plates, cups, silverware and bunny crazy straws (LGT's set was purple, Pumpkin's was pink.)
- matching footie pjs
- apparent mentality sometimes, aka "You're playing with that toy? Well then, I need it, too!"
- To their parents' amazement and joy, both took naps Sunday afternoon, at the same time the two babies did... so we grown-ups played us some Settlers of Catan
So a fun time was had by all, and we were thrilled they came out to visit. Hooray!