(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com
Yeah, following AKJ's lead again on this one. But, you know, it's zombies!
However, I'm going to turn this into my list for the day, too. Somehow...
Minuses for surviving a zombie attack
- I'm usually home alone with a 10-month old and a 3 1/2 year old and no car. And they'd have to be really slow zombies for me to outrun them with a double stroller. I think I'd have to be worried about fortifying the House of 42 Doors more than escaping! Maybe Mr. Kluges would make his way across town and rescue us.
- I don't think I've ever fired a gun, and we don't own any. Which is fine in general, but not great in case of a zombie invasion.
- We don't own any baseball bats, either.
Pluses for surviving a zombie attack
- The girls and I could head up to the walk up attic to hide out until reinforcement came or the zombies gave up. We'd only have one door to have to barricade, and there's lots of room up there.
- I could probably throw the cement asbestos roof tiles at the zombies on the ground. *shrug* Heck, we need to reroof anyway.
- I've got lots of canned goods, dried milk, and a camping stove. Also, big glass beer brewing carboys I could use to hold water.
- I'd remember the can opener. :)
- Even though we don't have any guns, we've got a few daggers around, plus Mr. Kluges wooden Tai Chi sword (hm, probably not too helpful) and my very blunt but well-balanced belly dance sword (also not too helpful. Maybe these are only tiny little pluses.) Maybe the two big chef's knives would be better.
- Oh! Mr. Kluges's wood-splitting maul! Take that, zombies!
- I've seen a few zombie movies.
- We own Zombies!, an absolutely fun game, especially if you get down low and look across the board filled with little plastic zombie figures. Hee!
- I would be absolutely ruthless in defense of my young.
You know, that list was a LOT more fun that the last few I've done. But now I know that as I go about the rest of my day, that I'm going to be looking at everything in the house with "Hmmm... how could that help us survive a zombie apocalypse?" crossing my mind. *grin*