Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We're back

(c) 2008 Ms. Huis Herself at musenmutter.blogspot.com

Hullo. We're back. We had a lovely time with our families, and enjoyed the fact that we're close enough now to drive there (a long drive, but still, just a drive) rather than have to do a transatlantic flight. The girls were quite good on the 6 1/2 hr drives to and fro, with Penguin napping twice during each, and Pumpkin even napping on the return. And between all the toys, books, CDs, and DVDs I packed, they were kept fairly busy and entertained over the miles, although I think Penguin's toes were her favorite amusement.

Today was unpacking and laundry. Lots of laundry, but hey, what do I care? I've got a lovely washer and dryer in the basement of my very own. After all those months of the laundromat, I don't take them for granted, especially upon returning from a trip!

While we were gone, lots and lots of the snow melted here at the House of 42 Doors. It was even nice enough today that I got out the double stroller and we walked to the grocery store to get milk and such. Pumpkin enjoyed running most of the way there in her wellie boots while Penguin was just thrilled to be out and about and watching the scenery. Me? I loved being able to get exercise and things done at the same time. As I figured (and didn't work too hard to prevent), I've put back on a few of the pounds I'd lost. The grandparents just make such good food! Plus I have to admit to eating a few chocolates and jelly beans, too.

But now the dishes are calling for me to come and do them, and of course there is still much putting away to do of all those toys, books, CDs, DVDs, snacks, and other car "stuff," so I should be off. Just wanted to let y'all know we've returned.

4 comments:

kittenpie said...

Hi! Welcome back, Mutter!
And oh, I can't wait for spring so I can feel more like walking around and being active. I'm such a hibernator in winter.

Pusher said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good holiday and are enjoying the spring weather.

Mary Beth said...

Welcome back - glad the trip went well. Spring is definitely here - I can feel some of the sluggishness that descends with winter beginning to lift. Yay!

Allknowingjen said...

yay for Spring!
Glad you had a good trip!